Jingtian & Gongcheng, as well as its existing or future branches established both domestically in China and overseas (“Jingtian & Gongcheng” or “we”) provides comprehensive, professional and premium legal services, which may involve the collection and use of your personal information. We fully understand the importance of individual privacy so we will make sure to process your personal data in a secure environment. Respecting individual rights and protecting personal information security is the cornerstone of building business trust for Jingtian & Gongcheng .
How do we collect and use your personal information? How do we use Cookie? How do we share, transfer or disclose your personal information in particular situations? How do we protect your personal information and your rights?
How do we collect and use your personal information?
We will collect your personal information through the following ways and use your personal information for the following purposes:
•Online: When you browse our website, WeChat mini program, official WeChat public account, Weibo, etc, we may collect and use your personal information.
(1)For you to timely access our information, invitation or announcement, we may collect and use your personal information including name, position, company name and address, telephone number, mailbox, social media account, etc.
(2)For improving service qualities, we may invite you to participate in online surveys, and may collect and use relevant personal information such as name, telephone number, mailbox, social media account, etc.
(3)For statistics and analysis of online visitors’ access to this website including the amount, frequency, etc, we may collect your IP address.
(4)In order to facilitate your application for jobs through our online direct recruitment channel, we may collect your basic personal information, education background, work experience, hobbies and interests, etc
(5)In order to facilitate your application for jobs through our online direct recruitment channel, we may collect your basic personal information, education background, work experience, hobbies and interests, etc
•Offline：for providing legal services, we will collect your personal information.
(1) For verifying your identity, we may need you to help provide authentic personal information, such as name, ID/passport, telephone number, contact address.
(2) For providing you with professional legal services, we may need you to help provide further personal information, including individual education and job information (such as position, training record, work performance, etc); personal financial information (such as bank account, capital amount, payment and collection records, property information, consumption records, etc); personal communication information (such as communication records and contents, SMS, email, etc); personal physical information (such as hospitalization records, physician’s order sheet, examination reports, etc); personal criminal records, etc.
We may also need you to help provide personal information of relevant parties, such as the personal information of counter parties, customers, suppliers, directors, supervisors, employees, etc. If you are unable to provide us with the above-mentioned information, we may not be able to perform the service agreement.
(3) For the implementation of customer management, we may collect information such as your name, telephone number, employer, address, etc.
• Under the following circumstances, we can collect and use your personal information without your authorization:
(1) Directly related to national safety and defense security;
(2) Directly related to public security, public health and major public interests;
(3) Directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, judge and execution;
(4) Information voluntarily disclosed by yourself;
(5) Personal information collected from legally and publicly disclosed information;
(6) Information necessary to sign and perform contracts according to the personal information requirements;
(7) Other circumstances as stipulated by laws and regulations.
How do we use Cookie?
For the proper operation of the website, we will install small data files of Cookie on your computers or mobile equipments. Cookie normally contains tags, website names and some numbers and characters. Websites can store your visiting records and preferences with Cookie.
We will not use Cookie for purposes other than those stated in this Policy. Based on your preferences, you can manage or delete Cookie. Most browsers have the function to block Cookie, but if you do so, you need to personally change user configuration each time when visiting our website.
How do we share, transfer or disclose your personal information in particular situations?
We will not share your information with any company, organization or individual other than Jingtian & Gongcheng, unless: with your explicit consent; as stipulated by laws and regulations, or by the compulsory requirements by the competent authorities; shared between head office and branches; shared with the authorized partners (such as logistics provider).
We will not transfer your information to any third party, unless with your explicit consent, for example, if you re-assign our service to a third party, we need to transfer relevant information accordingly.
We will disclose your personal information only in particular situations: with your explicit consent; as required by laws and regulations.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have already applied industrial standard security measures to protect your personal information, so as to secure the data from unauthorized visit, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. We will take any reasonably viable approaches to protect your personal information.
You have the right to access your personal information. If you find any errors in your personal information that we processed, you have the right to ask us to make corrections. If you find our processing with personal information violates any laws or regulations, or without your consent, you have the right to ask us to delete your personal information.
You also have the right to change the scope of your authorization. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your relevant personal information, but your withdrawal of consent does not have retroactive effect.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsfeeds or commercial advertisements, you can unsubscribe at any time.
You can raise your above requests by sending email to us and we will respond within30 days.
How do we worldwide transfer your personal information?
In principal, the personal information we collected and generated in the territory of the People’s Republic of China (“the PRC”) will be stored in the territory of the PRC. However, if the legal service you entrust involves cross-border data transmission, your personal information may be transferred to foreign jurisdictions or be accessed from those jurisdictions after your authorization, and we will try out best to ensure the same protection of your personal information as in the territory of the PRC, such as taking security measures to do de-identification before cross-border data transmission.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions concerning this Policy, please contact us via:
Tel: (86-10) 5809-1000
Fax: (86-10) 5809-1100
Jingtian & Gongcheng
Effective date: December 2018